Friday, July 3, 2009

29 weeks!

It may not look like there is much of a difference but I think that the baby is more in the front now and higher (which has provided much relief for my bladder). I think that yoga has contributed to that a little. I love prenatal yoga, every pregnant woman should try if they liked yoga to begin with. I am the type of person that can become relaxed very easily. I got hypnotized at a work party a few years back and didn't realize how relaxed I could become; I kept sliding out of my chair and laying on the floor. Hopefully that will come in handy for labor!!

We have reached 29 weeks, only one more week until we are in the 30's...Our appointments are now every two weeks so it is nice to get to go every two instead of four and then at 36 weeks they will become every week. At our 28 week appt. we had our Glucose Tolerance Test which requires fasting for a few hours and then drinking a very sugary drink followed by a blood draw. The fasting and drink weren't horrible but the blood draw wasn't ideal. The nurse said that sometimes your veins become flat during the test so I was pricked a few times before it worked. At my 24 week appt the midwife said that they wouldn't call unless something was wrong with the test so I was little surprised when we got a call from the office about two hours later (this was also right before I was about to eat a very sugary ice cream treat). I passed though and the midwife that I saw that day said that she calls everyone regardless. I was also up 18 lbs. total, the normal range is 17-24 so everything is going good even though some days I feel like a fat lard.

We got our travel system (stroller, car seat, and base) the same day as our 28 week appt. I found a really good deal online (www.diapers.com) for $60 cheaper than Babies R' Us so we thought that we would just get it before the sale was gone. I love it. Kyle got it all set up while I was in class so I came home to it all ready with a teddy bear inside...haha, he said that he was making sure that the shoulder harness was in the right place (which I actually read in my pregnancy book later that day is the thing to do to guess where they should go).
Other baby news, my bellybutton popped out around 28 weeks and Kyle has officially changed his gender prediction to boy (he said that he is 85% sure, I am still 50% sure). Be sure to include your predictions in the post below. Still struggling with boy names (I have my name picked out but Kyle isn't so sure).

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I love the colors of the stroller and car seat. Can't wait to see a baby in it soon!

Stacy said...

Looking good, Jamie...and hopefully feeling good as well!

I love your new travel system! Like Bethany, I can't wait to see a baby in it!