Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Website Button

Several people have asked about putting my website button on the side of their blog in order to advertise. I would love if you are willing, unfortunately I am having some issues with my HTML code so for right now do the following if you are interested. Hopefully I can get some technical assistance soon!

1. Right click the image on the right hand side of my blog (Suburban Saving Mama), the one with the pink border around it and click 'Save Image As'. Save the image wherever you will be able to find it later.

2. Click 'Customize' on your blog.

3. Go to the 'Layout' tab and click on 'Add Gadget' to the side.

4. Scroll down and click on 'Picture'

5. Browse for the picture on your computer, check the box that says 'shrink to fit' and where it says 'link' add: http://www.suburbansavingmama.com

You can create a Title and caption if you want but it isn't necessary.

Re-arrange it wherever you want it on your blog. Make sure it works by clicking on it, if it takes you directly to my site then you did it right!

Any questions?? It really isn't that hard I just wrote it out step-by-step.

Also...if there are any topics that you are interested in for the website then let me know! I should be having some giveaways up and running in the next few weeks, I just need a few more followers, so spread the word!

4 comments:

Bethany said...

Maybe this isn't what you were going for, but I would like to see some more info. on children.

Mindy said...

Jamie~
As someone who is promoting saving money, I think a topic about cloth diapers would be a great topic. It is estimated that for one child, a parent can save up to $2500 by using cloth diapers, not to mention the other great benefits such as no perfumes, chemicals, or dyes on baby's bum AND minimal impact on the environment! When people think of cloth diapers, they often think of the old school cloth diapers that leaked and were a hassle to most, but the new ones absorb and assemble just as well as disposables. Check out http://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/ordering.htm...they have alot of info on cloth diapering...just a thought :-)

Mindy said...

Jamie~
Sorry, I also just found this great blog about real-life experiences, tips, and tricks of cloth diapering and it appears that they have coupons and special deals on there!
http://www.theclothdiaperwhisperer.com/

Jamie said...

Thanks for the suggestions.

Mindy: We are considering cloth diapering and thanks for the websites. I am hoping once my website gets going to offer a few cloth diaper giveaways and reviews.