Thursday, July 16, 2009

31 Weeks!


I don't have any pictures yet from this week but will get some good ones at my BABY SHOWER this weekend!!

I was up 22 lbs. at my last appt...holy cow! Still no stretch marks and hopefully they don't make their appearance but I have a feeling with my genetics that they will. Kyle even noticed this time that the heartbeat is starting to sound a lot slower and once again it was in the 120-130's; a considerable difference from when we heard it several times in the 160's. The beginning of pregnancy the heartbeat tends to flucuate more as the baby is growing rapidly but closer to the end it is usually pretty consistent. Old wive's tales would say boy with a low heartrate!

Baby is still squirming away (even as I type right now) but it feels like it could be breech or in a transverse position, definitely not head-down yet. The midwife wasn't able to determine what position it was in by feeling around, but said that they would be able to in the next few weeks. We go back again at 32 weeks.

We did have a little scare the other night when we got rear-ended coming home from the city. Kyle and I laughed later thinking that we lived there for two years and thankfully nothing happened and right after we move something does. Especially since we drove on that road multiple times a day when we living there! We weren't that far from our hospital when it happened but they said that there was no need for me to come in unless I didn't feel the baby move later that night or was having some other issues (which I won't describe in detail). Our Vue survived the accident but the other car was completely smashed in the front and possibly totaled.

We are heading back to Iowa this weekend for my Baby Shower. I am pretty excited to get to see everyone one least time before we add another family member.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

You look great! Glad no one got hurt in the accident!

Bethany said...

See you tomorrow!