Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Wordful Wednesday

Bath Time! She slides her self sideways in the tub and wouldn't let me move her back on the little seat thing. Today was also the first day that she cried when I took her out...what??
I found my thumb again...look how tired I am!
My wrap that I made for $7.50! I really wanted a sturdier wrap than the Moby because after a few miles of walking the jersey knit starts to sag a little. I really liked the Didymos wraps but they were WAY out of my price range...over $100, so we successfully made our own!
She has been sucking like crazy on anything she gets near her mouth. If you look at the wrap pic above you can see a little wet spot by her mouth that she was chewing. But the reason that I added this picture is because I think that she looks like her Auntie Bethany!
She is getting so big in her car seat...funny to think that she barely fit when she was born. Grandma Debbie made her another hat and we added a pretty clip to it!

My sister sent a bunch of Olivia's old clothes with my parents for Thanksgiving and in the pile was this little 'wife-beater'. My brother, Kyle, and I got a pretty big kick out of it so we had a little Chicago gangster photo shoot with her. Don't you love her cloth bum? Here she is standing up...
Look at those little chubby rolls! I think that she is shooting someone.

5 comments:

Bethany said...

Before I even read the comment about the pic that looks like me, I thought, "Oh, she looks so beautiful in that picture!" This must mean that I'm pretty full of myself!

aeb said...

Lauren is getting so big! We would love to meet her sometime! How did you make that wrap? Kyler is too big for one now and wouldn't want to sit in it, but I would love to have that down the road for #2...don't worry I'm not prego haha!

Mindy said...

Yeah tips on the wrap would be awesome- what kind of fabric did you choose, what are the dimensions? Love the color, btw!

Jamie said...

I just used 5 yards of 100% cotton fabric. I cut it in half lengthwise so I was able to get two wraps from it. Then I just hemmed all the edges so it wouldn't fray and washed it separately on cold. It shrinks so you have to get more than what you actually want.

Ashley...you might still be able to get some use of it with Kyler. The majority of wraps go up to 35 lbs. and you can always do a back or hip carry instead of a front carry. Lauren doesn't have enough head control to do anything but front ones.

It is very easy, I had it done, washed, and worn in one night!

aeb said...

How do you wrap it then? I'm assuming then it's just one long piece of fabric and you wrap it a special way? Is there a website or a diagram that I could look at to see how to do that?