Thursday, December 31, 2009

Lauren's Baptism

Lauren was baptized on Sunday in Ayrshire! The sixth generation of Rouse's that have been baptized in that church. It worked out perfect to have the baptism there since we haven't officially become members of a church here and the majority of family lives in that area.
It was really important for us to have Lauren baptized to serve as a reminder of how we want to raise her in Christian household. To us, baptizing an infant is more for the parents and sponsors (Josh and Bethany) to promise to uphold the values of the Church and serve as Christian role models for her. I can only pray that Kyle and I as well as Josh and Bethany will follow through with our promise to the Lord and Lauren that we made that day and that SHE will want to love Jesus with all her heart when the time comes for her to make that decision.

Lauren was such an angel during the entire service and baptism....except for the little poopy that she made up there.

She loves baths so we knew that she would enjoy this! She actually smiled and cooed at the Pastor. Olivia loved the advent candles behind Josh and stared at them the entire time...thank goodness she didn't grab them like she wanted to!
Kyle's Mom (Grandma Debbie) made this beautiful Christening outfit for Lauren. It fit her wonderfully and was truly a gift that I will cherish. She looked so 'Little House on the Prairie' too!!
The Rouse Family
The Lubinus Family
Thank you for everyone that was able to join us on this special day! We know that the weather wasn't cooperating very well but that your thoughts were with us! Please feel free to hold us accountable for the promise that we made that day.

1 comment:

airborneangel822 said...

I'm glad everything worked out for you guys! I know the weather wasn't great! Everyone looks great!