Sunday, September 28, 2008

This is where I stand!

It appears that some people are not too pleased in me posting the video of Gianna. I am sure that the hard realities and truths that surrounded her being brought into this world are difficult to handle especially since it involves current politics. No one- democrat, republican, independent, whatever you want to be- can look at this video lightly; it is a hard topic to grapple. Pro-life or pro-choice?

To post on someone's blog that they made a wrong decision or were attempting to sway people's vote is inaccurate. I merely posted the video because I think that it is a great story. To see the life of a amazing Christian female who is not supposed to be here, blows my mind; hence the title of my post, "Something you should consider before voting". I DO believe that is is something that people should consider before they vote. I will go on to add that this is my personal blog, my forum of thoughts, events in my life, etc. If you do not agree with what I am saying or do not like what I write- go somewhere else. No one is forcing you to read my blog, I am not sending the link of my blog out to masses of people in an attempt for everyone in the world to read it. I created my blog for those I love to read. If others have happened to come across it then good, read at your own free will.

Furthermore, I am a social worker and have great pride in what I do; working with children. I have personally grappled with different stances to take when working with different people/issues. Other social workers will also agree that we are human and do not take all topics lightly. I know my limits, I know where I stand on issues, I know what clients I can take and what clients I need to refer elsewhere to receive treatment. If someone happened to walk into my office who was considering abortion or who had an abortion in the past, I would refer them somewhere else that could provide them with the care that they need. This is not only based on my personal feelings surrounding this but also on my training. I am not competent working with this type of clientele and this is not the training that I have received. I have been trained to provide care for children in the school setting, specifically those ages birth to eight.

I will close with saying that through my solid Christian faith, I am comfortable where I stand politically, personally, and in my employment. Ultimately my goal is to please God in my daily life- through going on walks to see his nature, marrying a Christian man and ministering to others, spending time with my family and friends, trying to live as frugal as I can so I can give elsewhere, advocating for what He (Jesus) would want me to do. You can judge my post, my employment decisions, etc....but your opinion is not the one that ultimately matters to me.