In terms of our September budget...the envelope system is going through a change. Kyle finds it rather difficult to take the money out of the envelope before leaving for work or heading to the grocery store. So, thanks to an idea from my dad, we are going to try a new system. The grocery envelope will stay the same at $200/month but instead of $100 in both the entertainment and going out to eat envelopes, Kyle will get $100 and I will $100 to spend on anything we want during the month. If we decide to go out to eat together, we will split the bill. This way I will not kindly yell at Kyle for spending $xx.xx on stupid things. My question for everyone reading is what should happen if you don't spend it all in the month (I know that this won't be a problem for Kyle though)?? My ideas are:
1. Roll over to next month
2. Go towards debts
3. Go into emergency fund
Some fun things that came in the mail this week already (just Monday alone!)
Mini Magic Eraser, 2 Cascade gel packs, Clean and Clear oil absorbing sheets (15)
Mini Magic Eraser, 2 Cascade gel packs, Clean and Clear oil absorbing sheets (15)
CVS Trip: all for $21.83, saved $44.65!
Earned $18.99 in ECBS
Earned $18.99 in ECBS
(4) Kleenex Cottenelle T.P $11.99 (on sale for $6.49)
Earn $10 ECBS when you spend $25
Q's
$2 off $10
(2) $1 off
(2) $0.50 off
$3 ECBS
Total: $20.11, earned $10 ECBS
#2 Transaction:
(3) Suave Deodorant $2.39 (earn $2 ECBS)
(1) Crest ProHealth Toothpaste $3.89 (on sale for 2.99) (earn $2 ECBS)
(1) Nivea 4 Men $4.99 (earn $4.99 ECBS...practically free)
Q's
$2/$10
$0.75 off Crest ProHealth
$1 off Nivea
$10 ECBS
Total: $1.72, earned $8.99 ECBS for next transaction
2 comments:
I vote each of you decides what to do with each of your leftover money each week. save it up for something big, pay down debt, put it in the EM fund, whatever you want. no questions, no nagging, no guilt trip.
George
I agree with George the agreed upon decision is best. I am still not completely in favor of dividing the money and making it his and hers, but there does need to be some self fun money in every budget. If all other areas are covered and that is the end result with these $100 side envelopes than I am ok with it.
Post a Comment