Monday, September 29, 2008

Great Book


Kyle and I have been in a 'Newly' Married Small Group at our church for about one year now. Just recently we started reading an amazing book called 'Sacred Marriage' by Gary Thomas. Although we have just read the first two chapters, I have never had so many questions run through my mind about what marriage is really about! I wish I would have gotten a hold of this book before we were married. The author poses the question, "What if God designed marriage to make us HOLY more than to make us happy?"

There are so many great thoughts running through my head about it that I can not just pick one thing...I highly recommend! Those of you in the small group that are reading- post your favorite thing about it!

2 comments:

OurLittleBlessingS said...

ooo sounds great! we will have to bring that up w/ our small group for married couples..they'll love it! thanks!

George said...

The concept that I've loved the most so far is that we should not be ashamed about the fact that we have problems in our marriage, in fact we should proclaim them as we work through them to show others a picture of God's grace through our marriage.