Sunday, September 14, 2008

My Daddy in Chicago

My dad was between business trips and decided to grace us with his presence for the weekend. It was fun to have some company! The entire time that he was here it rained...seriously! We reached the Chicago record for amount of rain in one day. Since our plans of going on a long walk along the river were destroyed we decided to go to the Chicago History Museum instead. I enjoyed getting to learn more about my place of residency otherwise known as 'Checagou' (named after the wild onion plant).

Here is a old version of a 'El' car. Not very comfortable...

This was Abraham Lincoln's bed that he laid in after his death when people came to visit him.
Remember, my name was going to be Lincoln if I was a boy...
It was sad to see the weekend of spending father-daughter time and going to different restaurants come to an end. I dropped him off at the Blue Line and hoped that he would get to O'Hare okay in the weather, which he did! Good job Dad!

3 comments:

Larry Lubinus said...

Jamie, it was a great weekend. Thanks for letting me stay. I enjoyed it all esp. the RAIN!

Mindy said...

Jamie~
Looks like alot of fun! I love learning about history in an informal kind-of-way. We hope to get to the Minnesota History Center soon...I went in middle school and I remember enjoying (which enjoying anything school related as a teen must be a BIG hit). Hope school and life are going well for you and Kyle. Take care!

Bethany said...

I wish I could have been there with you guys. I'm glad that we get to see you next month! I'll hold off sending you Ethan's pictures, so you can just pick out your own when we see you.