Sunday, July 25, 2010

Baby Fever...

...I am not going to lie, my baby fever is resurfacing again. It doesn't make any easier that I see pregnant ladies come into work all the time and admire their perfectly sculpted bellies. But...it seems like whenever my baby fever gets a little out of control, God puts me in check and tells me that I am not ready yet. For some reason, the past few times I have had it bad, I have gotten sick. Nothing like having flashbacks to 1st trimester pregnancy. As much as it was manageable when I was pregnant with Lauren, there is no way that I could take care of my little vivacious girl while struggling through 16 weeks of nausea, fatigue, lack of appetite, etc. etc...The other thing that is really holding me back is breastfeeding. A lot of women are able to conceive when they are breastfeeding so that isn't the issue, it is the changes that scare me. Your breastmilk changes when you become pregnant to prepare for the new baby and a lot of women struggle with a low supply as well. I do not want to force Lauren to wean because of my breastmilk changes and really want her to continue to nurse...such a dilemma. I wish it was much easier...

If you have never met my little crazy Lauren...here is just a glimpse of the sticky situations she has gotten herself in lately...

getting stuck under the chaise lounge
I had the laundry out in the living room and she put one of Kyle's shirts on her head and then couldn't get out...

5 comments:

Michelle said...

haha oh dear! I can only imagine the sorts of things our children could get into together! Lauren seems like the girl version of Keagan! :)

Larry Lubinus said...

She is so cute. Thanks for sharing sometime this past weekend, it was fun seeing everyone!

OurLittleBlessingS said...

that's funny you say this, b/c i've had a lot of friends who've had to stop nursing b/c they were either too sick or their milk supply did suffer. Lauren cracks me up! I can't wait until she's running around everywhere!
jess

Kendra said...

I know every prego body is different but here's my experience with nursing and being pregnant...we got pregnant with Judah when Ethan was around 9 months; Ethan continued nursing till a solid 13 months and ended on his own...I don't know if he ended because my milk changed around 3 months or if he was just ready (very busy kid!) sooo if it's any encouragement I was able to be pregnant and nurse for almost 4 months (and would've LOVED to do it more if Ethan wanted to) *I have a friend that nursed her oldest for almost 2 years and stopped when she was 9 months prego! it is possible!

Bethany said...

Very cute pictures! I can only imagine what Lauren is thinking as you are snapping those pics, "Mom, this isn't funny! Get over here and help!"