Monday, July 14, 2008

I put my two weeks in...

It is final...my two weeks have been put in at Sports Authority. This part-time job has challenged me more than I could have ever imagined when I agreed to take on a second job during the summer to afford things like our new computer. I worked at Fareway as a cashier for four years and was never pushed to my limits as much as my 2 1/2 months this summer. I don't know if Chicago and Iowa differ so much in work ethic and 'weirdness' of customers but it is like night and day. For example, one man approached me last night while working and asked if I would ask him out to supper. I wasn't sure if I heard him correctly the first time so I said, "What?" He then of course repeated what I was hoping he didn't say. I replied with, "I don't have the money for that!" Earlier that day, a man came up to the customer service counter demanding that I give him the corporate email address so he could of course complain about something that really wasn't that important. I readily gave him the information in hopes that he would be on his way...of course that didn't work. He proceeded to explain to me what he was going to complain about how none of the sales associates knew what they were doing. He then went on to ask me when Sports Authority changed it's name followed by a snippy comment that I probably didn't know that either since no one knows what they are doing. Since I tend to memorize the handbook I went into the history of Sports Authority. As I started to answer his question, he realized that he was wrong and said just "Let me talk!". Okay, we then went on to complain that the parking lot is located above the store and there is no elevator. In my head (don't laugh Larry and Bethany) I said something like, "Maybe if you weren't so fat, you could walk up the stairs." (I know it is mean, but I was upset!) Oh yeah, the reason that he was so upset to begin with....he wanted to buy an eliptical machine for $100 because that is what the price was five years ago. I almost went into inflation and the high rates in Chicago but figured he didn't want me to.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I love those stories about stupid people! I run into a lot of crazies selling lia sophia jewelry! You just have to laugh!