Many of you know that since moving to Chicago, I have been exposed to many interesting and different things that I may never have encountered living in small town Iowa. This conversation/finding has to be one of them.
Background: It is getting close to 5:00 when I can finally leave work and enjoy the great outdoors. I have decided to use the restroom before I leave since many times I get stranded on the bus and it is not fun having to stand and cross your legs at the same time. Anyways, I am in the restroom and notice something under the other stall. I can see that it appears to be a ziploc baggy with a white powdery substance in it. Hmm...I think back to my Criminology days and think what to do. I pick it up and then realize that my finger prints are on it. Shoot! Now I can't leave it behind, what if the police come and think that it was mine. My fingerprints are on file from when our apartment got robbed. I don't want to taste it because what if it is real that I might get high and like it and get addicted!
So I take the baggy out of the restroom to the front receptionist who is a kind elderly Korean woman. I hold it out in front of me like a dirty diaper.
Receptionist: (With head turned to the side) What is that? Jamie...(scared look on her face)
Me: Well, it could either be sugar, salt, or cocaine. (Opening the baggy and taking a little peek)
Receptionist: Did you taste it?
Me: NO!
Receptionist: Did you smell it?
Me: NO!
Receptionist: Here I will smell it.
Me: Don't get any of it up your nose!
Receptionist: Let me take it to 'Lucy'.
Several minutes later and after I have already 'googled' what cocaine looks like.
Receptionist: 'Lucy' said that it isn't salt and it isn't sugar.
Me: (this is a thought) I wonder how she came to that conclusion, did she smell or taste it?
UPDATE: 'Lucy' brought the substance to a police officer and it was not drugs...don't know what it was though and wonder why it was in the restroom in a baggy.
No comments:
Post a Comment