Saturday, February 25, 2012

18 & 19 weeks

Finally getting around to posting 18 & 19 weeks information just in time for me to take my 20 week one!! We had another appt last night with our new midwife (more on that later). Everything went great and thankfully they didn't do the full physical and blood panel again. I FINALLY got some questions answered about diet/exercise. I told Kyle I need someone to tell me: this how much you have to eat, this is what you should/shouldn't be eating, this is what you can do for exercise. I feel like many midwives aren't extremely educated on the topic of nutrition and it is so vital to pregnancy, labor, and delivery. I am on a strict diet now of supplements and food. I take my multi+iron, fish oil, probiotic, vitamin D3 (10,000 IU/day), and possibly calcium later if I am experiencing leg cramps which I haven't yet. As far as food goes...not much different than what I already eat but no more than 1-2 servings of whole grains a day with the exception of sprouted grains, buckwheat (my FAVORITE), quinoa, and brown rice. So less bread and pasta for me! Absolutely no white grains (white pasta, white bread, white rice); the only difference for me will be the white rice. I should aim to consume 80-100 grams of protein a day, which is a huge amount for me! Of course, no refined sugar. And the kicker....if I am not in the bathroom already, I should shoot for 1 oz. of water for every pound I weigh; about 3.5 nalgene bottles! I am up 9 lbs. from pre-pregnancy so I am thinking there is going to be a huge gain at the next appt with all the added protein.
Not the best picture but hey, some mornings are better than others! I think Lauren just got done throwing a fit too!

No comments: