Saturday, March 5, 2011

Updates and Random Pictures

New shades...I will post more of our outside pics later!

Lauren and I went to the library the other day (minus a monkey harness). I figured I would give her another chance to redeem herself before limiting her movement, especially at a place where she should be allowed to explore her environment. We talked with our favorite librarian about the 'elevator incident' and the Children's Director jumped into our conversation and said it was a blessing in disguise..what?? Come to find out, the dispatcher was incorrectly wired and she actually called 911...opps! They got it reconfigured so the next time it happens, it will phone the right place. So I guess she was just looking out for the library...such a smart little girl! Now onto the picture randomness...

This girl LOVES popcorn. I don't make it often because it is so messy and ends up everywhere that the vacuum can't reach! Story of my life! I think air poppers make it much more fun too!
She was so excited for it to be done that she was laughing, squealing, and running wildly everywhere. I snapped a blurry pic (because she wouldn't hold still) of her excitement. When I showed it to her, she said, "Lauren cry," and signed cry. I said no, Lauren happy but she thought I was trying to fool her. So silly!
Using her chair to get her colors. Getting smart! That cause-and-effect thinking and problem-solving skills are really started to emerge!
We bought her some underwear, aka unners! I think she thought we were saying under where, like where is you under, so she calls them unners. She has her moments where she does really well but I think we will really tackle it this summer when it is warmer out to be running around in our unners. She was signing 'more' here for her breakfast.
Our tree fell over, on our clothesline.
Lauren's bff Jaxon. She is smitten by him. A few days after this hugging/kissing session, they both came down with a nasty cold. Each morning when she gets up she signs 'friend' and says: Jaxson, Lola (his dog), Heather (Jax's mommy and babysitter), and other inanimate objects (ball, bear, horsey).
She is turning into such a little character and became 18 months old yesterday. I can't believe my little baby has been in this world twice as long as she was in my belly! It just cracks me up that she can wake up in the morning and immediately have so much adrenaline. Just this morning, she was running down the hall, signing bike, and yelling bike...pretending she was riding a bike down the hall. I just love watching her little imagination grow :)

2 comments:

Larry Lubinus said...

So fun and really looking forward to seeing you in a week!

Deb Rouse said...

Sorry about your tree & clothes line! Great pics!! Thanks!