Thursday, December 3, 2009

Making and Wearing A Baby Wrap

I know several people were wondering how I made my own wrap and some different techniques. If you want to know how to make it: click here (instructions on my other blog)

Here are just a few different things that you can do with your wrap. I will post some different styles later as well but wanted to introduce a few basic introductory front carries. Smaller babies will less head control generally like the front/facing inward carries the best while older babies with greater head control can face out or be placed on the hip or back. Wraps are usually ideal for babies in the 5-35lb. weight range.

Disclaimer....you can hear Lauren talking away in the background. I swear she knows what the wrap is and looks like because she always gets really excited when I start wrapping it around me!



6 comments:

The Nelson Family said...

these are very informative, jamie! i had the baby bjorn with denver but definitely want to get a wrap when we have our next one!!! what kind of fabric do you get? does it have to be stretchy? do you hem the ends then or is it a special fabric?

Bethany said...

Seriously?!? You can use them until your child is 35 pounds?! I could still use one on Ethan? I figured my kids were too old for this. I may have to look into investing in one.

Bethany said...

I just watched the videos. My niece is such a great little model!

aeb said...

Thanks Jamie for doing those videos!! You did a great demonstration!

Larry Lubinus said...

Nice demo and is there a grandpa version? Hey does Kyle do this as well? Is there a MAN WRAP?

Jamie said...

Dad...I am going to make you wear the wrap over Christmas! I think that you will love it!