Well...another week has passed. Not too much going on lately around here. The past few weeks she has really started to recognize that her hands can go into her mouth. Before she would just put them in there on accident or chance but now she is intentionally bringing her hand to her mouth (and trying to suck on her whole fist at the same time). Along with that, she is bringing her fists to her eyes and rubbing them when she is tired. This has helped me recognize her sleepy cues a lot. I have been reading 'The No-Cry Sleep Solution' which is the opposite of the cry-it technique. It has helped me learn to recognize her sleep cues and respond to them at the appropriate times. The other day I was able to lay her down awake and she fell asleep on her own...no crying, so that was great.
During the day so never sleeps in her crib. I either hold her, have her in the sling or wrap, or she is in her bouncy chair. I KNOW that this is the reason that she doesn't sleep long stretches at night in her crib but I don't really care. I would love to get a few extra hours of shut-eye at night but I want to hold my baby all day too. I was talking with a guy from church last night after Lauren slept in the wrap for a good three hours and he agreed with me: they are only babies once. If holding her a lot during the day comes at my expense of sleeping at night, I am alright with that.
Perfect Evidence of Nap Time

1 comment:
I agree hold her all that you want. Spoil her and spoil yourself, you both deserve it!
Post a Comment