Monday, August 10, 2009

If you are interested in Natural Childbirth...

A few people have mentioned an interest in natural childbirth so I thought that I would post two of the many books that I am currently reading about the topic. I might even bring these to the hospital with me for ideas.

The Bradley Method or Husband-Coached Childbirth is a popular birthing method for natural childbirth. We were hoping to attend some Bradley classes instead of our hospital's prenatal class but the price tag was a little too much for us. The method focuses on the role of your partner in the birthing process and drug-free techniques during labor. The Bradley Method differs from Lamaze because it encourages natural childbirth not prepared childbirth. This book has a lot of practical techniques and pictures for the different stages of labor.



Ina May is one of the founding midwives in the field. Her experience and expertise is amazing while you read through her book. The first portion is a multitude of birthing stories from other women and then it dives into different positions and relaxation techniques. I like reading the stories because unlike what you see on TLC's Baby Story, this stuff is real and not sugar-coated.



1 comment:

Deb Rouse said...

I'm really happy you have such a positive position on natural childbirth! God bless you all as you prepare...and as we look forward to greeting "Baby" Rouse.
Love, Debbie