Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Position Change and 37 week 4 day Picture

Last night I felt a lot of pressure and movement really low so I laid on my back to feel if the baby had moved at all. It feels like the butt is now sticking straight up instead of against my back which is a good sign. Kyle actually felt and said, "I think the baby isn't 'sunny side up' anymore." Yea, my husband actually knows!!

Here is a baby in the 'sunny side up' or occipital posterior position. Usually if a baby is like this it will automatically turn during labor as the head descends but sometimes they are delivered this way. It makes for a longer labor since the head has a harder time working its way through the pelvis.
And...here is the a baby in the occipital anterior position (what we think baby moved to). It could easily move back and forth between now and then but we would be perfectly happy with it staying like this!

We should find out more tomorrow at our 38 week appt. I am contemplating asking to get checked but doubt that I actually will since it isn't the most pleasant experience in the world and sometimes it can induce labor or introduce bacteria up there. Can you see my stretch marks??..boo hoo!

4 comments:

Mindy said...

It looks like all of a sudden you are ready to "pop" any minute which leads me to agree that the baby may have changed position...so excited for you two and can't wait to meet your little lovey

Bethany said...

Oooo! It's getting closer! I'm ready to meet this baby, and solve the boy name mystery!

Michelle said...

I agree -- it does suddenly look like you're ready to pop! And if it gives you any comfort, I had some stretch marks too and I was so worried about them, but now that I'm back to my pre-baby size, I can't really see them unless I'm looking for them. And I didn't even do anything special to get rid of them.

Stacy said...

Woo hoo! You are getting so close to the end of this journey and the beginning of another amazing journey! Hope the next couple of weeks go by fast for you! Baby Rouse will be here before you know it!