My two week picture
Saturday, September 19, 2009
2 weeks old!!
Today is my due date...I guess Lauren wanted to come a little earlier! Yesterday she turned two weeks old. Breastfeeding has been a little rough and earlier this week we went to a Lactation Consultant in town to get some things figured out. Lauren had been really fussy and never fully satisfied after her feedings so we learned some new techniques to get a better latch and increase my milk supply. Now we have to pump after all the daytime feedings and then give her the expressed milk if she is still not satisfied. Things must been working great with the plan because she only gained one ounce in her first week of life and then five ounces in her second week. That puts her at 6lbs. 14ozs., almost back to her birth weight of 6lbs. 15oz. Grow baby grow!! Here is our week in pictures:
I hate baths but Daddy snuggles with me afterward which makes it all better (note the monkey towel courtesy of Grandma Cindy of course).
I found my thumb for a little bit but haven't been able to find it since then
This is my poop face.
Daddy fed me a bottle and I like to lay on his arm like this
Grandma Cindy left on Thursday after staying for two weeks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Such a beautiful little girl! Hey, I just wanted to give you a little encouragement about breastfeeding. Keagan had the same problem -- every time I would feed him, he wouldn't seem full and cried all the time like he was starving. I know it gets really frustrating and really old to pump all the time, but keep it up because it only gets easier! It's such a joy to watch them grow every single day, it goes by so fast!!!
Love all the new pics! :) Thanks for the update!
Thank you for sharing and she is doing well and growing up already.
She is so beautiful!
She really looks like Kyle in her poop face picture! Can't wait to see her next week! Love you, Lauren!
haha, i'm glad i'm not the only one who thought she really looked like Kyle in the poop face pic! :)
Post a Comment