Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Short Trip to Iowa

We made a short trip back to Iowa on Sunday to attend Kyle's sister, Amanda's graduation from Wartburg College and sneak in Mason's Christmas Pageant at Nazareth Church. It was a rather long day since we had to be on the road at 5:00am and then we didn't get back to Chicago until 11:00pm due to some snow along the way but we had a fun short vacation (Kyle might not say the same since he was the one driving for ten+ hours).


Dad: you will think that this is pretty cool! The guy playing the guitar and singing is John Ylvisaker. He was receiving the Doctor of Humane Letters at the graduation. Don't know who he is??? Well, he is a composer and artist...still don't know, best known for: "I Was There to Hear Your Borning Cry" and he sang it there! Pretty cool!!
Amanda getting her diploma.


For all our non-Iowa friends...we thought that this picture would give you a idea of what you see a lot in Iowa: dead deer! This was in the art gallery at Wartburg, kind of weird!

Christmas Card Picture?


Mason and I, we miss this little guy being right next door to us!


My friends (Lauren, me, Mason, Jillian, and Emily)! You can't see in the picture very well but Emily is expecting a baby girl in March!



Kyle and Mason making a silly face!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

That's cool that you saw John Ylvisaker! That's one of my favorite songs! I can't believe that your friend Emily is due around the same time as me. I guess now I see why everyone has to make comments about me being so large.

Larry Lubinus said...

I so wished I could have heard Mr. Ylvisaker sing that song. It has such a special meaning to me. I can still recall it being sung at Georga Gazda's funeral in Jackson and it was so touching. I am going to add it to my playlist.

By the way, I don't think Bethany is that large is she?