We had all intentions upon leaving Chula Vista to go to downtown Wisconsin Dells, hang out, catch a bite to eat, and then find a camp site near the area. When we went downtown, we discovered that it was a little more touristy than what we had imagined! Everywhere you looked there was a t-shirt factory or moccasins. We were also looking forward to taking the River Walk but realized that it was less than a mile so it didn't take up as much time as we anticipated. Since we forgot some of our camping essentials at home, we thought that we would find the nearest Sports Authority and grab a few things. Little did we know that we know that it was 82.2 miles away! Since we enjoy doing things on a whim...we changed our plans, found a Wisconsin map, and made our way towards Lake Michigan in Wisconsin. I also found my favorite Wisconsin town: Delafield (which may be a future vacation spot). We found a campground and decided to stay there. It was completely different than any other campground that I have been to before...an 'actual' campground. Your camp site was located in a little nook and you were not able to see anyone else. My favorite part about camping is seeing the children playing and watching what other people are creatively cooking over their fires: there was none of that! I felt very lonely and heard some weird animal sounds (like this one thing chomping: maybe a frog?) Did I also mention that it has been THREE years since Kyle and I have been camping together and never alone! We enjoyed each other's company immensely but camping is so much more fun with friends or family. The next morning we got up and went on a 4 mile hike through some trails. We realized many things on this camping adventure:
1. There are a LOT more mosquitos in Wisconsin then Chicago and they love us even when we have extra strength bug spray on.
2. We have been together for 4 years total! It does not seem like it has been that long and Kyle and I had a few conversations about how we are still learning new things about each other every day.
3. Kyle is like my mom when we are camping...he likes to pick around in the fire!
4. I was completely terrified camping there since we couldn't hear any civilization. I feared that some 'Texas Massacre' type scenario was going to happen to us. Kyle pointed out that I am more scared in the middle of what he referred to as 'Bum 'F' Nowhere' than in one of the biggest cities.
5. I am not a small-town girl anymore. I have slowly morphed into a city girl and nature is not quite as much as my friend as it used to be.
We made bacon over the fire the next morning. Kyle is looking a little rough, hence the reason why I am in no close-up pictures of our adventure.
This bee hive graciously graced us with it's presence over our site.
Looking over the vista on the trail. It wasn't a very clear day so we weren't able to see as much as we were hoping.
1 comment:
That's the kind of camping that I like...just me and nature. You're definitely a city girl now!
PS. Mom already called in her head that she's watching Ethan when the baby is born! (haha!)
Post a Comment