Friday, August 1, 2008

Walk #3: Old Town

We went on another walk the other day around Old Town (one of my favorite neighborhoods)! It was rather hot outside so we decided to only go a little over 4 miles instead of continuing on our way. This neighborhood is BEAUTIFUL, you can easily forget that you are in Chicago walking along the amazingly quiet streets.

This is the only remaining Fire House following the Chicago fire.

St. Micheal's Church: no ball playing in the yard!

This was rather interesting...not on our walk but we ventured off a little. A little background history: The Park Commission bought a bunch of land that used to be a cemetery way back and exhumed and moved all the bodies. I know...kind of disgusting! This vault was the only one left in the park and no one really knows why. They estimate that 7-13 bodies are inside but aren't aware of who.

Going to check out Abe. I was going to climb into his chair but it was a lot bigger than I thought.

The park opposite Abe near the History Museum. Did you know that my name was going to be Lincoln if I was a boy and they were going to call me Abe?...

No comments: