Sunday, June 8, 2008

Lubinus Family in Town: Navy Pier

My parents came to Chicago Thursday-Sunday. We had a busy fun-filled weekend. I had to work at Sports Authority a few hours a day so Kyle was able to entertain them while I was gone. Friday morning we went to Navy Pier. It was EXTREMELY windy out and hot. The weather forecast said rain at 3:00pm but it started around 11:30 instead while we were there so we had to end our trip short. The pictures are a little out of order and I am too lazy to re-arrange them right now.


Mom and Dad inside Crystal Gardens at the pier while it was raining.

I always wondered what I would look like as a blonde. Kyle was worried that we were going to get lice! I was sure to rub my head on him after this picture...

Eating their 'Cheezeborger, Cheezeborger, no fries just chips.' I guess this was a SNL episode back in the day. My parents were able to remember it. Kyle and I just enjoyed the cheeseburgers.

Looking off the pier trying not blow away.

Half of the skyline.

Funny story...When we first moved to Chicago, Kyle got a 'temporary' job selling tickets for this boat. It was quite the experience and let's just say that this job didn't last too long. It was the first time that he had seen the boat in person.

The front gate.

I will blog more on the rest of the weekend later since I am getting ready to head to work. My parents left early this morning to try and beat some of the Iowa storms. Kyle also left around 6:00am this morning to travel back to Ayrshire, Iowa (8 hour drive). His maternal grandfather passed away on Friday morning and the funeral is tomorrow (Monday). He will be staying with his family probably until Wednesday. Keep them all in your prayers...he is certainly in a better place now!

So, things are pretty quiet around here right now...

2 comments:

Larry Lubinus said...

It was so much fun! Thanks for letting us hang out with you and Kyle this weekend!

Bethany said...

That's a good picture of Mom and Dad! Wish I could have been there too! Miss you!