Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Paint

I have been trying to step out of my comfort zone lately...especially in regards to parenting. There is just something about painting though that really causes me anxiety. So many parents do cool paint projects and I just can't muster up the gumption to do them. As one of my weekly Bible Study goals, I decided to step out of my comfort zone and do a fun activity with Lauren each day that I wouldn't normally want to do (and not dictate how she does it)! There was lots of painting involved and it was okay! We used regular paint and 'pudding paint' but I have a few more ideas up my sleeves as well! We invited our friends/neighbors over for the pudding paint so I could have someone remind me not to tell Lauren how to do it and wait until they were done to clean up.

Painting with finger paints. She actually really enjoyed it but wanted to use a brush instead of her fingers.
Miyah loved it!
Gabby enjoyed her pudding!
Not so keen on the actual 'painting' on the tray but I guess she painted the inside of her mouth!
Getting started! Yum, what is this stuff Mom?

What is something that you like to avoid?? I know many people hate sand!


1 comment:

Bethany said...

The messier the better! I don't always enjoy cleaning up afterwards though! My least favorite thing to try to clean up is packing peanuts.