Some of the nursery is done! For some reason I wanted to wait to get the crib until the very last minute because it was exciting thinking about buying it...but obviously I caved in. Andy, Stacy, and Alaina came to visit over the weekend (pics to come later) and Alaina has a very similar crib so I figured it would feel more comfortable for her to sleep in the crib versus the pack n' play. We have looked at the same crib at Target, Babies R' Us, and Baby Depot and only ever saw a honey-colored one and a white one. I am more a dark-wood fan myself but figured that we would settle for the honey one. I was so shocked when we walked into Babies R' Us and saw the Cherry Expresso one, my pregnancy hormones almost got the best of me but I was able to hold back the tears. They didn't have it in stock but the Toys R' Us down the street did (wasn't aware that they had baby stuff). Then we drove to Target to get the mattress (I have to get the best deals possible!) I was extremely nervous about this for some reason maybe also delaying my decision to buy the crib. I just want the crib and mattress to be as safe as they can. So needless to say, we have a crib! It was really easy to put together, I had visions of putting desks and bookcases together but so much easier and quick!
Kyle actually read the directions (that is what he is looking at). Almost made me cry again, definitely goes to show that he wants the crib to be set up perfectly and wants our baby to be safe...he never reads instructions!!!
Putting some more pieces together, I did help a little too! The finished product. We got one sheet at Target for the weekend, multi-colored polka dots. And no, we won't have the blanket hanging over the crib when the baby comes (it was just for decoration right now)
We also finished the changing table awhile back. That was probably the biggest pain of the nursery. The changing table was the same one that my parents used and needed some work. We wanted new hardware and paint but unfortunately the thing is so old that the hinges that were on it were the only ones that would work. Also unfortunate that we figured that out after we purchased new hinges and attempted to get them on for a few hours. The top has edges that come up and space to put a changing cushion.
Before
After
And last but not least, here is the 26 week bare belly picture. I am sure that my belly button is going to come out any day now. Kyle hates maternity pants!
Happy Anniversary! Two years ago today I was leaking breast milk all over my bridesmaid dress as I watched my baby sister get married! Besides the leaky boobs, it was a beautiful day that I will always remember! Wishing you and Kyle many more happy years together! Enjoy your last anniversary as a family of 2.
Nice job on the crib, I am impressed! Doesn't seem like it has been two years already, but I guess it has. Wow the family is really growing up and I guess in your case out (in a good way).
Hope you had a great anniversary, and enjoy them as this is the last one without KIDS!
4 comments:
The changing table looks good. Can't wait to see more pics of the nursery.
I think Olivia has the same sheets!
Oohhh...yay! It's so nice to see some pics of the nursery...right around the corner your lovable, adorable baby will be cozy in that crib :-)
Happy Anniversary! Two years ago today I was leaking breast milk all over my bridesmaid dress as I watched my baby sister get married! Besides the leaky boobs, it was a beautiful day that I will always remember! Wishing you and Kyle many more happy years together! Enjoy your last anniversary as a family of 2.
Nice job on the crib, I am impressed! Doesn't seem like it has been two years already, but I guess it has. Wow the family is really growing up and I guess in your case out (in a good way).
Hope you had a great anniversary, and enjoy them as this is the last one without KIDS!
Post a Comment