Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Pray for Safety...

Many crazy things have happened since Easter. On Monday, Kyle and I both had the day off and decided to drive around Chicago and find some exciting places within our budget to move to in June. We were considering Logan Square and then saw a drug bust happen right in front of our car so we decided to cross that off our list. Then we drove to Ravenswood and looked at the pretty apartments there. We really like Ravenswood! Anyways, after our long car drive, we decided to walk around our neighborhood and see if any apartments were for rent. We like being close to the lake and right on Lake Shore Drive so it is easy to get downtown. While we were walking on a street with million dollar homes on it three blocks south from our block, I noticed two young boys who didn't seem to belong on the street. I mentioned something to Kyle that they looked suspicious to me and the next thing I know I see them run up behind us with guns screaming at us for our money. At that point in time, the only thing that crossed my mind was the thought of wondering what it was going to be like to get shot. Kyle didn't see them coming but I grabbed his arm and told him to give them whatever they wanted. They took off with twelve bucks and we decided to end our walk after that. The police were turning on the street when we got to the end so we were able to flag them down and report the incident. I am still a little nervous about it but am trying to get through the days concentrating on my school work which is incredibly hard! Thankfully, we were not hurt and able to continue to walk the three blocks home. Hopefully we will be able to get through the next two months at our apartment before we move to safer place to live. These last few months have been a little rough after our apartment was robbed in December with our bank account drained and our identities stolen! Not to mention my beautiful bike being stolen our first week living here!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I wish I had time to write a book about the DANGEROUS JAMIE! Trouble always seems to find you, and God always seems to watch over you! First, Dad drops you when you are only a few days old, and catches you upside-down by the ankle. (Thank God for quick reflexes!)Then, when you are about 4, you walk home all by yourself on a cold, winter night, because you think that we left you at a store. (When really we were just in the back of the store.) A stranger finds you and carries you home, because you won't get into his van. (Thank God for that man!) Then, a couple years later, you fall into the lake while fishing. I hold your head above the water, but I'm not strong enough to lift you out. A man comes and lifts you out, and his wife brings you a towel. (Thank God for that couple!) And these are just a few of the near death experiences you've had! So don't spend too much time worrying about your safety...God has his angels on the job!