Saturday, March 15, 2008

Leaving, Cleaving, and Becoming One Flesh

After Kyle and I's amazing week back in Iowa, we questioned whether our move to Chicago was a good choice for our marriage. We both reflected back on our pre-marital retreat at Nazareth Lutheran Church and remembered what we had learned: to leave, cleave, and become one flesh!

“Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.” (Gen. 2: 24; Matt. 19: 5; Moses 3: 24; Abr. 5: 18)

We both agreed that according to this Bible verse, we did in fact make a good decision. Kyle said that he would not change what we did but we both agreed that we were anticipating my graduation and moving back! To us, it was very important to our marriage to leave behind our friends and family and find each other and establish a Christian marriage. I would have to say that after being married for 9 months tomorrow, our relationship has been the strongest and I contribute that to this Bible verse.



I just love this picture! It isn't the best lighting and the cutest thing in the world of me, but...Kyle's smile is so big and he truly looks happy to have just gotten married. I was happy too but I was sitting in a limo backwards and I get extremely car sick...what was I thinking??






I also love this picture of Kyle and I when we first met in the fall of 2004. I think that Kyle has changed more than me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jamie,

Your wisdom amazes me. Your insight and your actions show me that again that you have become a very special young lady.

Love,
DAD