Saturday, August 11, 2012

Clowns, Blackberry Farms, and Sibling Comparisons

These cooler temperatures this week have been AMAZING!! I love getting out of the house and not coming home dripping in sweat. I took Miles to his next pediatrician appointment and when I pulled him out of the car he sucked in air at how cold it was (low 70's)...this kid is getting used to scorching hot temps. 

We enjoyed some "Music Under the Stars" in our Town Square Friday night. We all wore long sleeves and pants and breathed in the fresh cold air. Miles even got to wear a hat! When I took this picture I immediately had flashbacks to Lauren looking the same. What do you think?
Lauren
 Speaking of the Little Miss, we went to see the Merry Heart Clowns again at the library. Lauren is absolutely obsessed with these clowns. She had to wear her stripe dress and told the clown, Lily, it was for her. Lily made them all balloon dogs before they left. Lauren's balloon popped in the parking lot so I quickly ran back inside to get her another one. Our friends saw what happened and offered one of theirs while I was inside so she came home with two. I wouldn't normally go back in to get her one but our little bunny, Poss, passed away this week and Lauren has been rather emotional about it. Anyways...Lily did a bunch of magic tricks for the kids and now Lauren thinks she can do magic. She would put her balloon in my work bag and then run back to her room, turn around 3 times, and run back up to make it "change colors". Kyle was actually just switching the 2 balloons while she was back in her room. She was quite impressed with her magic.
 I made it change colors!
On Thursday, we went to Blackberry Farms (our local Living History Farms) for free admission day. Sitting in the little red schoolhouse desk.
 Going for a train ride. She wasn't so sure at first.
 This is fun!
 Miles enjoyed it too. 
 We get to go through a tunnel!
Pony rides. This place was great. Free train rides, pony rides, and carousel.
 Here's another comparison...I really love baby reflexes, this one being the tonic neck reflex (ATNR)
 Miles had his ped. appt on Friday morning. He now weighs 10lbs. 4oz. (up 1 pound in 1 week!!!!). He moved from the 50th to 75th percentile for weight. There is just something so gratifying to me knowing that I can provide nourishment for my child. The pediatrician said they like to see 10 ounces of weight gain by this time and we had 31. He asked me how it was going feeding all the time, ha! Because he is gaining stellar weight and he is the 2nd baby, pediatrician said we can skip the next appointment and see him at 2 months. Yea!

No comments: