Had our almost 39 week appt this past Thursday. The nurse came to our house for this one which was a nice change of pace from driving 30-40 minutes to the clinic. It was refreshing to have her come. She helped change my mentality about a few things and even said that she would pray for me to have more patience and enjoy my time with Lauren while I wait (so awesome that my support team incorporates the Christian faith into my care). I can tell I have been a bit impatient with Lauren lately which is stemming from my lack of control over when the baby will come and Kyle working extra hours to complete his internship (not to mention the 100+ degree temperatures that are forcing us to stay inside our cave). I have been constantly reminding myself about patience since the nurse left and have been feeling better about carrying this pregnancy much longer than I did with Lauren. The heart rate was still in the 140-150s and baby is still head down right where we like it. It doesn't look like I gained any weight from the last appointment but my scale might be different. I am still measuring at 33 which means the baby is slowly descending more because when they feel for position they are noting the baby getting larger just not my stomach.
And for those who would rather see pictures of Lauren...here are a few for your enjoyment!
Lauren's baby in her tummy. We had 3 friends have babies this week (2 girls, 1 boy). Lauren is now telling everyone that her baby is a girl named Nora (same as one of the mommas). People think she is talking about my baby when she says that. I will fill you in on a hint now...it is not Nora and it could very well not be a girl too!
She really scared me this day. We had been struggling with naps for a bit and she would "play" in her bed for quite some time before settling down. Thankfully she is back on track and staying in her room after we get her all tucked in. I noticed her being really quiet so I went back to peek in on her and found her like this. I was actually scared at first that she had suffocated herself and did check before grabbing my camera. She was quite a sweaty mess when I unwrapped her.
Notice anything odd? When I was in the shower one morning I heard her "arguing" with Kyle about wanting to wear one of my bras. He relented and snapped a few pictures for me to enjoy later.
Side view
We have amazing neighbors! I absolutely love our town but our neighbors make it so much more enjoyable. Directly across the street is an elderly couple that treats Lauren like one of their own grandchildren. We love to sit in their garden and on the porch swing. They are full of so much history and I learn something new every time I chat with them. They planted a trumpet vine right behind the swing because she had so many memories growing up of picking them and placing them on her fingers and running around. Their yard is a massive impressive garden with fountains and ponds and they mentioned having a trumpet vine wasn't very impressive in the gardening community but she had to add one based on her memories growing up. So, she taught Lauren how to pick the flowers off and stick them on her fingers just like she did. I love seeing generations of memories being passed down and neighbors who let my child pick all the flowers she wants without telling her otherwise.




1 comment:
Soon Rouse two will join all of us and we will all be so grateful. I will be praying for you as well. Thanks again for allowing us to view your life and your family. It is such a pleasure to read these posts and see these pictures.
Post a Comment