Last day of Spring Break for me and we sure did pack a lot of action into it. I am really bummed about going back to work but in less than 2 months, I will be off for 5 months (maternity leave + summer break). My friend and I decided to try out some Pinterest crafts with the kids with our time off. Some were hits...others weren't quite appropriate for their age.
Taped crayons to race cars. Nobody was a fan of this one: adults, two year olds, and a 2nd grader. The crayons didn't really cooperate and overall was not very exciting. Didn't keep the attention-span of anyone either. We will not be doing this one again.

Lauren's Sewing Kit: pipe cleaners, ABC buttons, yarn, plastic needles, mini scissors, tape measure, spools of ribbon, and two things to sew on (plastic basket-weave and cupboard liner in a cross stitch hoop)
I left it in the middle of the living room while she napped and she was SO EXCITED to see it when she woke up!

Her own little "yo-yo" tape measure (what she calls it). Unfortunately, it didn't last long. I guess $1.47 only gets you so far at Wal-Mart.

Her very own sewing kit. She really does love this and stays entertained for awhile.

Putting pipe cleaners into a seasoning jar.

Gave her mini scissors from an adult sewing kit and she LOVES them.

Putting pipe cleaners into a colander. She enjoyed it but it must certainly did not keep her entertained for as long as I thought it would. She did enjoy throwing the pipe cleaners ALL over our living room floor though and covering me up with them. Mommy advice: do not let anyone cover you up in pipe cleaners, they scratch...hard!

Sandpaper T-Shirt: coloring their designs onto sandpaper to iron press onto t-shirts. Lauren was more interested in singing her beautiful made-up melodies about crayons and shirts.
As you can tell, Gabby is the only one that actually did her entire drawing and was super pumped about it being on her shirt! Definitely going to save this one for a few years down the road though, they were very easy and the image pressed perfectly on the shirts. We used a skinny dish rag between the shirt and iron.
No comments:
Post a Comment