Thursday, April 26, 2012

28 weeks


We have hit 28 weeks...officially the 3rd trimester depending on who you ask (some say last week is). Things have been progressing smoothly I suppose. I started seeing a local chiropractor who specializes in expectant mothers. My tailbone has been bothering me lately and I am hoping to ensure that this baby flips into the right position eventually. We had an appt. last week and the midwives were right, I am a late weight gainer. I packed on 7 lbs. in the last 4 weeks putting me at 17 lbs. total this pregnancy. We had our glucose test and passed with flying colors. I am going to start taking an iron supplement, Floradix, to hopefully give me some more energy and decrease my dizziness per the midwife.

This glucose test was much different then the last. I had to eat no grains, fruit, or sugar for the entire day and then 1 hour before blood draw I drank a Naked Green Machine (anything with over 50 grams of sugar in it). Definitely tasted much better than the nasty Glucola drink.

Everyone at work is saying that I have grown a lot just this week, even Kyle made a comment tonight. No one is thinking I am going to make it to July 19th...might have a firecracker baby!

Don't mind Lauren trying to pinch my belly button with her doctor kit tweezers. 

1 comment:

Larry Lubinus said...

I have to say things have changed a bunch even since I have seen you last. That would be awesome, to have a July 4th baby. I can see birthday parties at the lakes for years to come!