Monday, August 29, 2011

Thursday...

I nursed Lauren for the last time on Thursday night! What a bittersweet feeling!! It is nice to know that I have my body back for a short time before hopefully another baby starts to inhabit it but so sad knowing that my little girl (who will be 2 this weekend) is done nursing and won't be getting those beneficial nutrients anymore. She is not so keen on this new arrangement but seems to be managing great. We were down to before bed and possibly once in the night or early morning depending on how tired I was.

I tucked her in Friday, said our prayers and goodnights, and then told her that she was a big girl now and didn't need her 'na-na's' anymore. I explained that her good friend Gabby (who is 3.5 years old) goes to bed each night all by herself and Lauren is a big girl too so she can go to bed all by herself. I kissed her cheek again, played her music box, and plugged in her castle night light. She wimpered a few times and then went right to sleep! REALLY...it was that easy and has been happening every night since. While we get ready for bed, she will ask to have some na-na's but I explain that they are gone now and empty.

Yesterday, while on the way to the grocery store, I peered back at Lauren in her car seat and said to Kyle, she is getting so big...what happened? Lauren looked at both of us and said, "I a big girl, I go to bed by self like Gabby!"

Sigh...they grow up! Makes me so happy that I didn't try to rush her to sleep by herself or 'cry it out'. It all seems to happen when it is the right time.


No comments: