Our fun weekend is going to be written out in several posts. I have TONS of pictures to share; I have been horrible lately with uploading them from my memory card.
Our roof is getting a makeover and this dumpster was camped outside of "Lauren's Room" for awhile. What was supposed to take only two days has now reached the almost two WEEK mark, ugh!
She loves wearing my lanyard from work and will search for it my purse until she finds it. Such a silly girl!!
Fall has arrived...hopefully! Lauren is so used to riding in the jogging stroller in next to nothing and was completely caught off guard when I put a sweater, gloves, and hat on her for our morning job. I was taken aback too and actually ran the full 5K pushing her in the jogging stroller. I attempted to beat my personal record and go for 40 minutes of continuous jogging but got a darn stomach cramp.
I love this new weather!
Lauren had her first experience in a swimming pool. I have to admit it was really cold and she was not a fan at first. Once she saw how much fun her Cousin Ethan was having though she seemed to enjoy it.
Picking on Cousin Ethan.
Saturday morning we woke up bright and early for race day. I wasn't nervous at all, the weather was great and it was only my goal to finish. I ran with my dad and took it nice and slow, much more enjoyable that way. This was our 'before' shot!
This was our 'after' shot. We decided to head back to the hotel to eat instead of staying for the pancake breakfast, it was cold out! The top three finishers in each age group received a medal...as you can tell from the picture, we all placed in the top 3. Kyle kicked all of our butts and trained the least.
I am planning on signing up for a 10K at the end of October and running another 5K at the end of November with my dad. I have to be training for something in order to continue running so the 10K will give me good motivation. I just bought a Jillian Michael's Yoga DVD at Target today so hopefully she gives me a good workout!
Love the pic of lauren in her hat/miTtens!! So cute! Congrats on the race and medal!! Let me know how the yoga dvd is-im doing a yoga class starting next wk w/ some gfs and if I like it I was going to buy a dvd. Keep me posted:)
Lauren looks so cute in her fall attire...and so big in the pool!
Way to go guys! Maybe you all can help motivate me into running a 5k sometime! Sounds like you guys had an awesome weekend! I wish we could have been there for it all!
2 comments:
Love the pic of lauren in her hat/miTtens!! So cute!
Congrats on the race and medal!!
Let me know how the yoga dvd is-im doing a yoga class starting next wk w/ some gfs and if I like it I was going to buy a dvd. Keep me posted:)
Lauren looks so cute in her fall attire...and so big in the pool!
Way to go guys! Maybe you all can help motivate me into running a 5k sometime! Sounds like you guys had an awesome weekend! I wish we could have been there for it all!
Post a Comment