Thursday, July 15, 2010

My First 5K

I am signing up to participate in my first 5K run (on Lauren's b-day)! I know...3+ miles is not a long distance and shouldn't be difficult, let alone something that is "blog-worthy", but I am NOT a runner. My excuse of my underwear catching on fire due to my thighs rubbing together isn't going to work anymore...I am forcing myself to complete this!

For all you runners out there, I need advice! Especially those with little ones at home, do you find it better to get your run done in the morning or after bedtime? My sister-in-law, Amanda, gave me a great 8 week training program to follow that I plan on starting on Monday...ugh!

Speaking of exercising...Kyle might want to lose some weight...obviously the chair couldn't withstand him (haha!). Thankfully he was holding Lauren and didn't smush her under the chair!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Does Lauren like to be in a jogging stroller? Keagan LOVES going for runs with me, so that makes it easier for me to find time to train. If I can't fit it in in the morning with him, then sometimes I run on the treadmill after he's in bed. Or I run while he's napping. Whatever is the best for everyone's schedule and the easiest for you to stick to! Just my advice! :)

OurLittleBlessingS said...

That's exciting! Can't wait to hear about your training!

aeb said...

Good luck! You know I love to run, but it's hard to find time with Kyler :) I agree with the first post, do you have a jogging stroller? We have one and Erik and I will run together and push Kyler in the stroller. Erik usually pushes him because it's definitely a harder workout pushing him! Kyler loves it too because you're going faster than just walking. :) Otherwise, I'd say just find a time when you can go and Kyle can watch Lauren. Also, if you go to the track and field USA website (I think) you can plan out routes that are certain distances for how far you want to run. I can check on the website, Erik knows for sure what it is. Have fun!

Bethany said...

I getting so pumped! But I'm also a little worried it will be hard to find time to train.

And Kyle definitely doesn't need to lose weight. I think you just need different chairs!