With the election just around the corner, it is hard to get away from all the hustle and bustle of things. Especially since I live in 'Obamaland' here in Chicago!! I just watched a video over on my friend, Matt Reisetter's blog (check it out if you want to). It honestly hurt my heart, I know that sounds corny, but it honestly did. He (Obama) made a comment in the video that said something to the effect of, "I have two daughters, ages 9 and 6. I will raise them with moral and values, but if they are to make a mistake, I do not want them to be PUNISHED with a child." I think of all my friends who are suffering from infertility and just cry for othem. Think of all these children that could be placed in loving homes with parents who would die to experience raising a child. Kyle and I have discussed adoption before and I am positive that if we are unable to conceive that is the direction that we will take. I hope that more children can have that chance.
Whoever is elected tomorrow (and yes, I also mean if Obama is elected), I hope that they can lead our country in the right direction with God on their side. I will continue to pray for both Obama and McCain.
3 comments:
Neither candidate will stop abortion. The only way to stop abortion in this country is to just stop requesting them. We cannot legalize something that no one wants to do. Only God can change the hearts of his people, and only God can stop this killing. He will someday, when he comes in his glory to claim his own. I too pray for both candidates, but I am also praying for Obama's kids, they will have enough stuggles in the White House, but they also will be guided by someone that just isn't getting it with God as well.
I agree with Dad's comment that the only people that can stop abortion are the people who ask for them. Even if abortion was someday illegal, people would find a way to have them on the streets. (very unsafe for all involved) Of course, a president with strong values against abortion would hopefully lead people to other/better options. (my favorite being no sex until marriage)Our country needs a leader with strong values. Does Obama or McCain have what it takes? You're right when you say that the most important step is to pray for whoever is elected.
so did you go to the big rally?
Post a Comment