Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Schwans Man

I love the Schwans man, the joke around my side of the family is that the Schwans man is actually my father since I am so different from my sister and brother. I just love reminiscing about succulent push-ups and delicious taco boats. Oh yeah, and don't forget about the little juice box concentrate!

I can't wait until Kyle and I have our place and we can order from the Schwans man. You can order online but there is nothing better than sitting on the front steps with the Schwans magazine picking out all the goodies!

Does anyone else have wonderful memories about the Schwans man?

6 comments:

George said...

I'm gonna guess this is an Iowa thing. Because I have no idea what you are talking about. If you're looking for a dairy that delivers, we have Oberweis in Chicago.

Jamie said...

No, they actually deliver in Chicago. You gotta check out there website, I would say it is similar to Peapod but they come to your door and you look through of magazine of things that you want and then they go out to their freezer truck and give it to you right then and there.

Deb Rouse said...

Jamie,
When Kyle was little (around 2 or 3 yrs old) he would eagerly await the arrival of "the push-up man" every other week at our house in Spencer! And now he stops at my office, so I can stock up on treats again!

George said...

ah, I see. Makes sense now. But I'm still confused. "I can't wait until Kyle and I have our place and we can order from the Schwans man." If you don't have your own place now, then who's place have we been to when you guys hosted small group?

Larry Lubinus said...

Obviously this was a fun thing. I do remember him showing up and you and all the day care kids running to the door. Lets just say that no was not going to be easy.

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

Oh, I LOVED the Scwans man!!! My sisters and I would count down the days until he came. We ALWAYS got nutty buddies! And, we also loved chicken cordon bleu. I haven't seen any here in TN....but it is awesome.