It is has been too long since I've written some of these down. I hope I can remember them all...
-We went to IKEA awhile back when Miles was still pretty small. Lauren wasn't too thrilled with riding in the cart so Kyle was chasing her around everywhere. It was a weekday so not many people were there but it is easy to get lost in the craziness. Next thing I know, I hear Kyle in a completely normal voice say, "Lauren is gone, I can't find her." I was thinking, "What, you lost her and are acting normal?" So we split up on the hunt for her. I was yelling, "Lauren" and Kyle was listening. He said he was just going to wait until she started crying to find her, unfortunately, I think that would have been several hours later! A few minutes later (what seemed like hours) I see a group of adults laughing standing in a circle. I run over and see Lauren, in a small child's bed, under the covers pretending to sleep. I say, "Lauren, what are you doing?? You can't leave Mom and Dad!" To which she replies, "But I took of my shoes before getting in bed, see??" Sure enough, her shoes are laid out nicely right by the bed. {Forehead Slap}
-Talking about what starts with certain letters of the alphabet. A...apple...B...boat...F..."f''ed". That is what she said "f''ed", not the actual swear word, I would have died if she said that. What??
-Talking about trick or treating and she said she hopes someone gives her a tattoo instead of candy. Yeah she said, "tattoo or treating".
-Lauren got some candy at a Halloween party. We let her have 1 piece before bed time and told her she had to save the rest until another time. She received some sweet-tarts and was trying to tell us they were Smarties since she has never had them before. The next morning we hear her crawl into our bed and scoot into Miles' crib that is side-carred to our bed (he sleeps the first fews hours of the night in it before coming into ours to eat). I can hear her chewing on something but am too tired to bother figuring out what. Then I hear a wrapper crinkle...candy! I whisper to Kyle that she has snitched the candy and we start silently laughing at her. Then out of nowhere she screams, "These are Smarties, I told you guys!" We burst out laughing and I explained that we don't eat in bed and that she did not have permission to eat it in the first place. She said, "I decided I could eat it." What makes a 3 year old rationalize things in their head like that?
-There is a new restaurant in town that replaced my ABSOLUTE favorite pizza place. I told Kyle we should check it out sometime. Lauren asked what the name was and I said, "Salsa Verde". She stared at me funny and I said it was because they served Mexican food like tacos, burritos, chips and salsa...She continued to stare at us and said, "But Mom, this isn't Mexican (Mexico), this is Yorkville."
-It is so funny how little kids discover that some words are plural and others singular (goose/geese, mouse/mice, etc.) Lately, Lauren has been using the word "clo" to describe a singular item of clothing. It is pretty funny. The other day she was running around naked and told Kyle she didn't have a single clo on because she took all her clothes off.
No comments:
Post a Comment