Monday, September 24, 2012

Grotto

Still in Iowa Pictures...We visited the Grotto with Kyle's sister Erin. The Grotto, the 8th wonder of the world according to Kyle, is a massive castle constructed of tiny rocks over many years by several Catholic priests. 

playing at the nearby park
 the Grotto
 For 2 hours, we heard, "Look at this!"
 Look at that!
 A cove in the "Rock Castle"
 The prime photo spot. I need to find my picture like this!
 Playing a game in the cafe
 Checking out the swans!

 We went back to Illinois for a few days and gave some gifts from the Grotto to our friends. Here is Tami busting open their geode.
 The inside!
 Gabby was impressed
 The unbroken Geode
 We walked back to our house in the rain the 3 blocks away. I let Miles sit with Lauren. 
Sleeping baby!! I never want to forget these moments!! 

No comments: