Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 14: Photo Challenge

Day 14: A photo of you and one of your favorite family members
This was a tough one! I didn't want to make anyone jealous so I decided to do the most OBVIOUS choice! This is my "sister" Mindy. She is such a joy for our family and we are truly blessed to have her in it! Mindy is a very special lady that had some medical complications when she was first born. After a heart surgery when she was a wee baby, she suffered a stroke and left the hospital with some life-long cognitive and medical issues. My mom was her paraprofessional when she was in elementary school and knew the in's and out's of her life and medical condition. Unfortunately, Mindy's mom was abruptly diagnosed with leukemia and what was supposed to be a one or two night stay at our house while she was getting some medical attention turned into one year and her passing to be with Jesus. At the time, Mindy's parents were divorced but after her death, she went to live with her dad in another town. We are very fortunate to still be able to hang out with her over school breaks and her and her sister (Jaimie) are extra siblings in our family. I can't believe she is graduating High School this year too!!

1 comment:

Jaimie said...

I love these pictures, they made me cry and your write up was beautiful! We both are truly blessed to be a part of your family! We love you!