The queen's throne!
Monday, May 3, 2010
SURPRISE!!!
Kyle's mom turned 50 on Saturday and we celebrated by having a surprise birthday party for her in Iowa. Although I think she might have suspected something was going on, she had no idea that all her kids and one grandkid were going to be there!
We drove to Cedar Rapids on Friday night to break up the drive a bit and stay with Amanda. Saturday morning we drove to Laurens to spend the afternoon with my grandma Baker (pictures to follow in a later post) before heading to the party around 6:00pm. After 14+ hours in the car...I have officially mastered nursing in the car seat!! :)
Surprise!! I love this picture because of the look of accomplishment on Gary's face! He definitely pulled it off!
It was a VERY short trip but so much fun!! Only downside...a few of us got upset tummies. Kyle and I are training for the Avon Walk and have been eating pretty healthy and Amanda is training to run a marathon in a few weeks and the Avon Walk so the weekend of fried food wasn't the best for us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Looks like fun!!! I bet Debbie loved it!! I forgot Amanda lived here. And nursing in a carseat..you will have to explain when this baby is here! Ha!
What a nice surprise! I bet Debbie loved EVERY minute of it! I can't imagine the 14 hour drive...I hope it went well!
Post a Comment