Thursday, March 25, 2010
Lip-Smakin', Tongue-Clickin' Good!
We have added quite the assortment to Lauren's menu and she is LOVING it! It takes awhile to add new things to her diet with the '3 day rule' (3 days before introducing a new food to make sure that they are not allergic). So far she has enjoyed everything but isn't quite so excited about carrots...I think it is the chunky texture since I haven't been able to puree them as smooth. Here is what is on her current menu: bananas, pears (made into 'pearsauce'), avocados, butternut squash, carrots, and...
Speaking of deliciousness. Kyle's favorite 'comfort food' is homemade biscuits and gravy. So easy to make fresh without the added sodium that pre-packaged biscuits and sausage gravy contain. The other night I realized I didn't have any butter...no sticks or tub! I had Kyle run to the European Deli just down the street since it would be quicker and he came back with this:
Polish Butter=HEAVEN!!! Our gravy has never been more smooth and creamy. Does anyone have some great fresh recipes for what I can use this butter with (he bought 2 bricks)?? Do you think I could make apple or pear butter with it? Absolutely divine...now I understand where Paula Deen is coming from!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Jamie, I found that I needed to add lots of water to my carrots to make them smooth enough for Ayden at first. Now I don't because we are working on him chewing so we can do more finger food. I would add all the cooking liquid and even more water. I love making baby food!!!! Where do you find your recipes? I have an awesome book but I love finding more places!
Post a Comment