Sunday, May 31, 2009

Potluck of Information

Here is the 24 week picture. I took a picture with this same shirt at 15.5 weeks and you can see a small difference from 9 weeks. Our doctor appointment on Friday went great. Everything is still looking good and I have gained 15 lbs (seems like a lot but she said that I am right on track)! Next appointment is 28 weeks and then after that we start seeing the midwife every two weeks, the end is coming! The best thing about the appointment was that I don't have to write a birth plan. I was told from several people that I would have to write a birth plan if I wanted to get my thoughts across. The midwife informed me that everything I would write on my birth plan would be done anyways but that we would discuss more later in the pregnancy. For instance, they always place the child on your chest following birth to breastfeed, they will help you have a natural birth and exhaust all options before resorting to interventions, etc. The only thing that I want to double-check on is that the child sleeps in the room during the night instead of the nursery and no pacifiers (since we are breastfeeding and I would like the baby to get used to that first). The next appointment is also the Glucose Test which I am excited and nervous about. I really like sweets but have heard from several people that the drink is really good if you like really sugary things! I have been tempted to drink it on several occasions now and need to hide it before the appointment so I don't.

In other news, check out the expiration date on this cheese (9/19/09)...hurry up September!

The changing table is FINALLY completed after some interesting mishaps, pictures to come soon.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Birth plans are a great idea! Definitely make sure baby stays with you during the night, you might not get much sleep, but I couldn't have possibly parted with our little guy right after I was in labor for 25 hours to FINALLY meet him! :) And I totally agree with you on the no pacifier thing. We gave Keagan a pacifier and I ended up not being able to breastfeed him for very long [other issues too, but the pacifier contributed to it] so GOOD JOB!!! :)