Thursday, April 16, 2009

18 weeks!

We will reach 18 weeks tomorrow and are excited about our ultrasound in two weeks. I figured that this weekend we would be busy with moving and having family in town so I would post the picture a little early. The belly must be popping out a little because the 'Street Wise' guy at the grocery store said Congratulations to me!! Woo hoo!! (For those who don't live in the city, 'Street Wise' is a magazine that many homeless or recently not homeless people sell to make money).

My "things that you don't tell a pregnant woman list" is increasing, here are a few:

1. You must be having a girl because you are carrying a lot of your weight in your butt.

2. I can tell that you are pregnant in your face and she was not implying that I had a pregnancy glow- I was only 4 lbs. up at my 16 week appointment so apparently at that time it was all in my cheeks (either butt or face), maybe that is why I make Kyle cut my face out of the pictures.

5 comments:

Bethany said...

You are showing more than you were last week! (Pretty soon you may actually need some of those maternity clothes I lent you!)

I have a couple other "things you shouldn't say to a pregnant woman."

Many people asked me, "Are you sure there's only one baby in there?"

And I actually have a friend who received probably the worst comment I've ever heard, "You must be having a boy, because women who are carrying girls are beautiful."

Mindy said...

That has got to be one of the cutest pregnant bellies I have ever seen!!!

Larry Lubinus said...

Actually pretty brave, I would never say anything at this point. I have madet that mistake before, and it was not pretty. I think all ladies that are expecting have a special and beautiful glow.

OurLittleBlessingS said...

ooohh i just got asked if i was having twins this week!! i made it 29 wks..i was hoping to make it a few more, but ah well:) people just dont think! you can always burst out in tears :)

bekah said...

then there's always "how are the triplets?"
seriously people - we have hormones you don't want unleashed on you! lol