Thursday, June 2, 2011

Lauren's Request


I have been trying to give Lauren more options around meal time hoping that she will pick out something that she will actually eat. The other day I asked her what she wanted (she normally replies, "Pizza!") and she said, pizza and eggs. So we made a delicious egg breakfast pizza.

Crust Recipe
1 pkg (or 2 and 1/4 tsp. of active dry yeast) mixed with 1 cup warm water. Add one tbsp. olive oil and honey. Mix in 2 1/2 cups white flour and any seasonings you like in your crust. Knead for a good while (5-10 minutes by hand or in a standing mixer until it forms a dough ball). Let sit in a warm spot covered by a towel for 15 minutes to rise. Roll out or toss out by hand onto your pizza pan/stone and cover with toppings.

Sauce Recipe
Melt about 2 tbsp butter in a sauce pan. Add 2 tbsp. flour and whisk together to form a rue. Slowly add 1 1/4 cups milk and whisk until thickened about 2 minutes. Sometimes I let it sit a bit and then come back.

Toppings
I used 6 eggs (I think) and cheese but you could add some meat or veggies as well. Be sure to add pepper to your eggs, white pepper would be excellent!

No comments: