My cousin Linsey got hitched this past weekend. Although I haven't seen her in ages, it was one of those weddings that makes you cry and have flashbacks to our own big day.
I had the privilege of doing her make-up so I got a behind-the-scenes look at all the preparations and excitement. Attending David and Linsey's wedding reminded me that I have a daughter who will possibly one day walk down the aisle herself....ugh! So much about their relationship, integrity, discipline, and love for one another started deep conversations with myself about the values that I want to instill in Lauren.
For starters, Linsey and David waited until they were married to kiss!!! Can you believe it, four years of courting...that is discipline! These two honored their bodies and the institution of marriage so much that they wanted to remain completely pure until their big day. Although Kyle and I waited until our wedding night to have sex, we must certainly kissed on our 4th date!
Not only did they wait until their wedding day to kiss, but they decided not to see each other until the wedding. That meant no pictures together before the ceremony. While everyone was checking out the bride as she marched down the aisle, I was busy snapping pictures of the groom. I just love this picture of David trying to peek around all the people and see his bride. There was so much love, respect, and Godliness in this marriage.
Congrats David and Linsey on your new marriage and for being great role-models and examples of a Godly Christian marriage. It isn't often that I look at newlyweds for advice on my own marriage!
1 comment:
It was a nice wedding and yes David was an excited groom. His letter to the bride was amazing!
Post a Comment